When we visited the city of Ghent for the first time, we immediately understood the numerous tourist awards and international praises. The city centre surprised us with an unbelievable density of wealth and sights. To protect a medieval atmosphere, the city center is completely car-free. It is the largest pedestrian zone in whole Europe! Without cars you really feel like you jumped back in time – the city is also perfect to discover by foot. There is a lot to do and see, come join us and discover it all!
On our journey to Ghent, we will also have a photo break at the Atomium located close to Brussels. The Atomium always gets us! Imagine yourself standing in front of the 102m (!) high sculpture resembling a steel alien from a 60’s Hollywood movie. It consists of nine house-sized metallic balls linked by steel tube-columns. The balls are arranged like a school chemistry set to represent iron atoms.
- DATE: Sat. 02.05.2020
- MEETING-POINT: Busstop Südpark, Werstener Str., 40225 Düsseldorf
- START-TIME: 8:30
- END-TIME: 21:30
- WHO CAN JOIN: German and international students, Erasmus, PhD students, Young Professionals, Interns, Au Pair, …
- IMPORTANT: As we are travelling to another country you are required to carry valid travel documents.
- Private coach with WC/AC/DVD
- Free Guided Tour by professional tour guides
- Trip photographer
- Free time in the afternoon to explore Ghent
- 2 experienced Collegelife trip leader throughout the whole trip
- All booking fees and taxes included
- Amazing group of travellers
Meeting in Düsseldorf at 8.30 am.
We are meeting at 8.30 am at Busstop/U-Stop Düsseldorf Südpark (near Heinrich Heine University). The bus is leaving at 8.45 am.
Photo break at the Atomium
On our way to Ghent we will stop for a one hour picture break at the Atoimium.
Directly at our arrival in Ghent we will meet our professional local tour guides. After our guided tour for 1.5 to 2 hours you can join the group to visit more cool places or you discover the city on your own.
Heading back home
We are heading back at 6 pm. Our expected arrival back in Dusseldorf is around 9.30 pm.